We're fast approaching the season of goodwill and at this time we mustn’t forget those less fortunate than ourselves. Jedi News aligned itself with Make a Wish at its launch and since then we've raised lots of money for this great charity. Last week at the National Space Centre we launched our biggest and most ambitious fund raiser yet...
To celebrate the launch of the Clone Wars on Blu-ray on the 8th December and also the 1st series of the Clone Wars on Sky we've teamed up with Pioneer, Chew & Osborne, Sky, ID-WALL and SFX Magazine to bring you some amazing prizes...
- 1st Prize consists of a Pioneer BDP-51FD Blu-ray Player, a Sky HD Designer Box with installation and 6 months subscription, an ID-WALL Clone Wars Canvas and a year's subscription to Sci-Fi magazine SFX
- 2nd and 3rd Prizes consist of a Pioneer BDP-51FD Blu-ray Player and a year's subscription to Sci-Fi magazine SFX
So how can you take part and win? This is unlike anything we've done before and all you need to do to enter is donate a minimum of £2 to Make a Wish by PayPal to email@example.com - every penny of the amount you donate will go directly to Make a Wish. £2 gets you one entry, £5 gets you three entries and £10 gets you seven entries into the Prize Draw. When you send the money please send it as a GIFT to ensure that all money goes directly to Make a Wish.
UPDATED 23rd Nov: For those of you that don't have PayPal accouts you can now Make a Wish and Win with Jedi News by taking this link and making a doantion at Justgiving. Using Justgiving is quick, easy and totally secure. It’s also the most efficient way to to make a donation to Make a Wish, also if you’re a UK taxpayer, Justgiving makes sure 25% in Gift Aid, plus a 3% supplement, are added to your donation.
There are also two other ways you can get involved - join us at Chew and Osborne, along with Pioneer and the 501st, on Wednesday 26th November OR at the opening of 3Darths Collectables new shop, also along with the 501st, on Saturday 29th November - more details on both events are detailed below...
For the full Prize Draw rules read on. Entry to the Prize Draw will close at midnight on the 7th December.
Rules:- The Jedi News Clone Wars Prize Draw is only available to residents of the UK. All Winners agree to publicity at Jedi News and their partners. No Cash Alternative. The judge’s decision is final.
Pioneer:- Just as the director intended. View film exactly as the filmmakers intended; in breathtaking 1080p resolution, at 24 frames per second – the rate at which the film was shot, stored and mastered. The films you watch now become more real than ever. The BDP-51FD supports HDMI Deep Colour for an unprecedented range of colour tones and exceptionally smooth transitions. The soundtrack is true to the original, too. Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD, DTS-HD High Resolution and DTS-HD Master Audio ensure that you enjoy studio-class sound.
With a compatible Pioneer AV receiver, the BDP-51FD can also deliver truly outstanding and precise music CD playback via HDMI, using the specially developed Precision Quartz Lock System (PQLS). The BDP-51FD features an optimised Graphical User Interface (GUI) for exceptionally straightforward operation, and supports the connectivity feature KURO LINK, so the remote control of your KURO flat screen TV is all you need to control the main functions of the Blu-ray disc player. Prize worth over £400.
Sky: - Sky has unveiled a new collection of Sky+HD Designer Boxes, featuring exclusive and distinctive prints from four of the UK’s most visionary designers and image makers. The new collection combines the creative talents of successful emerging designer Henry Holland of House of Holland; cutting edge duo PPQ; exquisite and luxury designer Erdem and avant-garde fashion illustrator Julie Verhoeven. Oozing with style, combining fashion with function, the Sky+HD Designer Boxes are the perfect choice this Christmas for people upgrading to high definition, who want a designer twist for their home entertainment gadgets.
To celebrate the launch of new the highly anticipated TV series Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Sky Movies Premiere and Premiere HD, Sky Movies has teamed up with Jedi News to offer one lucky person one of the Sky+ HD Designer Boxes, installation and subscription to Sky World and HD Mix for six months. Star Wars: The Clone Wars airs on Sky Movies Premiere and Premiere HD every Saturday evening. Prize worth over £300.
Star Wars, The Clone Wars ™ & © 2008 Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved.
*Terms & Conditions – Sky+ HD Designer Box
1. The winner of the Sky+ HD Designer on Jedi News will receive the following prize: One Sky+ HD Designer Box, free VIP installation and six month Sky+ HD subscription to Sky Digital World Package (Normally £57 per month). After six months the winner will be liable to the monthly cost of the subscription and will be able to change their Sky package.
2. There is no cash alternative to the prize and unless agreed otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non transferable.
3. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details beyond the Promoter’s control and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
4. The terms and conditions of any other third party supplier will apply to the prize where applicable.
5. The Promoter will not be liable for any Sky+ HD Designer Boxes that do not reach the winners for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
6. If the winners are not able or available, for whatever reason, to accept the prize, then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.