When starting a new business or setting up a new home, it sometimes necessary to change the way we communicate with clients and loved ones. The market offers lots of attractive options to communicate with people cheaper from anywhere. To begin with, let us examine – what is the difference between SIP, IP-telephony, and VoIP. This article will not get you lost in the terminology and help to immediately understand how everything works.
IP, VoIP or SIP trunk providers UK clearly identify the major similarities and distinctions between the services. However, we should notice, that there are more common things about them.
The idea of IP and VoIP communication
Let us start with the most extensive concept – IP (Internet Protocol). We have to notice, that this is “the very basic concept” since it was IP that connected all the computer networks of the world to the global Internet. That is why each PC has its own unique IP-address, which is needed for data exchange.
To transmit audio data over the network it has own technology called VoIP (Voice over IP). Thanks to it, we can exchange any data where there is a voice – make calls over the Internet, broadcast webinars or watch video from cameras with sound.
IP-telephony is a common name for telephone communication over the Internet. This is an integral part of VoIP, but this includes only calls and video communication over the network and nothing more. As the name implies, the connection is due to the same IP protocol.
What is special about SIP telephony?
SIP-telephony is even narrower. If IP telephony is the name of the technology as a whole, then SIP is only one of its varieties, a communication protocol. If you make a comparison, they also relate to each other, like a laptop and ASUS.
This type of telephony is so convenient and practical that it actively replaces traditional telephony. First, it contributes business – and it is not surprising, because it allows providing with a cheap and fast way to communicate. Here are the advantages:
- Cheaper than connecting and setting up an analog PBX;
- Fast telephonisation of the company;
- You pay for calls at basic rates for telephone services – regardless of where the subscriber is located.
- It allows you to combine call data with 1C, CRM or analytics systems.
- With the help of SIP-telephony and call tracking, you can monitor the load on the sales department, its effectiveness and follow each manager while listening to calls.
- No restrictions on the location.
- SIP-numbers of different countries can be connected to the call center or sales department, regardless of their location.
- Good spying protection, unlike traditional phone lines.
- You can create a remote call center by allocating SIP numbers for it – this will save you money on equipment and office rent.
As you see, the number of advantages is big enough to clarify how useful and helpful SIP telephony may be. Check it yourself!