Next weekend, 15th-16th November, is the annual Movie Mania weekend at the National Space Centre in Leicester and Jedi News will be joining in, fundraising for Make a Wish (more details to follow next week).
In the meantime take a look at what’s happening at the National Space Centre and take this link to book tickets now to avoid dissapointment – it’s a great day out!
WIN WITH THE NATIONAL SPACE CENTRE & JEDI NEWS…
Take this link to WIN tickets here at Jedi News courtesy of our friends at the Space Centre.
Movie Mania Weekend – the biggest event the National Space Centre has ever hosted!!!
A UK Garrison movie invasion from Star Wars, Predator, Aliens, Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters, Pirates of the Caribbean, Stargate, BSG, Batman, Chronicles of Riddick … and loads more
• A UK Garrison movie invasion from Star Wars, Predator, Aliens, Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters, Pirates of the Caribbean, Stargate, BSG, Batman, Chronicles of Riddick … and loads more
• Join the Pirate School – make your own pirate wardrobe, learn sea shanties and fine tune your sword skills with Captain Jack
• Can you handle a ghostly experience? – join the Busters, you know it makes you feel good
• Take part in an off world Mission with the UKG SG1 team
• See the movie car collection – FAB 1, Knightrider and more…
• Go on a hunt with Indy
• Have a go at Batty craft sessions
• Meet Star Wars author and New York Times #1 bestselling author Karen Traviss and the Republic Commandos (Sat only)
• Workshops, talks and Q&A sessions throughout the day
• Join the Replica Prop Board for prosthetics workshops and amazing displays
• Special guests Kenny Baker, Rusty Goffe, Ian Whyte and Warwick Davis
When the crew of the Starship Enterprise flipped open their communicators do you think the viewing public sat there wondering if one day we would all be walking around with communication devices that replicated this imaginative design?
But today the mobile phone is something we take for granted, Dr. Martin Cooper, inventor of the modern mobile phone, credits the TOS communicator from Star Trek as being his inspiration for the technology. So how much of the technology that surrounds us or is currently being developing in laboratories around the world can be traced back to the great science fiction movies from the last 100 years?
Invasion; The Fact of Fiction is the new exhibition at the National Space Centre, running from 14 November to 11 January, that sets out to answer some of the questions as well as highlight millions of pounds worth of original props and costumes from Hollywood blockbusters that have become cult movies to fans of all ages. From the tiny costume worn by the visiting aliens in Close Encounters of a Third Kind, to the iconic Joker costume worn by Jack Nicholson, as well as prototype pieces made for James Cameron to approve designs that were handmade by master armourer Terry English for the Marines in his hit movie Aliens, the exhibition is a must for every movie goer, family member or fan.
In addition to the exhibition the centre is also hosting their biggest event to date to launch the Invasion. Movie Mania Weekend, 15-16 November, with almost 100 costume characters from Star Wars, Predator, Aliens, Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters, Pirates of the Caribbean, Stargate, Battlestar Galactica, Batman… and loads more. With talks, workshops, displays and even a prosthetics masterclass to take part in, this is sure to be a weekend that will dispatch the invasion on a safe journey over the Christmas period.