Our friends over at LEGOLAND Windsor have passed along some awesome Bricktistics about the new LEGO Star Wars Miniland attraction, enjoy this last set of fascinating LEGO facts.
Episode IV: A New Hope™ – Tatooine
• A world-first, the Millennium Falcon takes off! Controlled by a pulley and counter balance system the Millennium Falcon takes 40 seconds from take off to landing.
• 126 models, 1,098 man hours weighing 130kg – the heaviest of all the scenes.
Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back™ – Hoth
• 81 models, 1,210 man hours, 129kg.
Episode VI: Return of the Jedi™ – Endor
• The Shield Generator took 220 hours alone to build and weigh in at 72kg – one of the heaviest models in the attraction.
• Each tree in this scene took 3 days to create – and are molded from a real oak tree.
• 83 models, 941 man hours and 152kg.
Star Wars: The Clone Wars™ – Christophsis
• The largest model in the attraction, the Crystal Building can be found here alongside 70 Battle Droids, 40 Super Battle Droids and 50 Clone Troopers. • 196 models, 99 man hours and 158kg.
It’s not long now until there will finally be a permanent Star Wars attraction here in the UK…