LEGOLAND Windsor will shortly be re-opening for the new season, with the unveiling of the LEGO Star Wars Miniland Experience. Our friends over at LEGOLAND Windsor have passed along some awesome Bricktistics about the new attraction. These are well worth a read and some may surprise you!
• It took almost 8,000 man hours and over 1.5 million bricks to create the 1,122 models in the new LEGO® Star Wars™ Miniland Experience.
• The largest vehicle in Miniland is the Clone Turbo Tank in Episode III: Revenge of the Sith™ – Kashyyyk and Mustafar. Made up of 10,180 bricks, it weighs 44kg and took 350 hours to build.
• The design and development of the Millennium Falcon in the scene from Episode IV: A New Hope™. A New Hope took 143 hours and was the most challenging model to build – Star Wars™ fans know every detail! It is made up of 15,000 LEGO® bricks, weighs 37kg and is 1.8m long and 1.3m wide.
• The largest of all the Star Wars™ models is a 2.5m tall Crystal Building, inspired by the scene from Star Wars: The Clone Wars™. Weighing in at 120kg, it is made of 45,000 bricks and stands at exactly 2.65m high.
• The smallest model is Yoda, made up of just 30 LEGO® pieces – he appears twice in Miniland.
• The LEGO® model of the Geonosis arena is 1.3m x 1.3m wide and 1.2m high, and was built with 30,000 LEGO® bricks.
• 39 Ewoks can be spotted in the final scene from Episode VI: Return of the Jedi™, set on the planet Endor.
• The Palace of Naboo weighs 63kg and is made of 25,000 LEGO® bricks.
Check back for more stats tomorrow! It’s not long now until there will finally be a permanent Star Wars attraction here in the UK…