Pre-order the Luke Skywalker in Yavin Fatigues action variant cover from John Tyler Christopher, available on January 25th 2018 from 6pm EST; over to John for all the details….
Celebrating 40 years of Star Wars…
You guys are the flippin’ BEST! I will continue to say it, THANK YOU for being so awesome. THANK YOU for continuing to support us. THANK YOU for helping me get through the late nights, and making them totally worth it. You’ve heard it before, but I’ll say it again, YOU ROCK!
So this has been an interesting one. For the past couple years, I have considered doing this version of Luke. Mainly, because it’s LUKE FLIPPIN’ SKYWALKER, but also because this is how he looks in the actual book. The question was when…
Well an interesting thing happened a couple months ago. Contrary to any conspiracy theories out there, there was a simple clerical error; and for the first time in 40 issues, a Star Wars book was not going to have an action figure cover. My first thought was, holy crap, are they firing me!?! But I was then told that the character I was working on was going to be repurposed for issue 41; and that at least for now, I have a job.
This seemed like the perfect opportunity, so at the 11th hour I asked if it would be cool to make it happen, and an all-nighter later, we were havin’ Yavin!
I didn’t want to sell it on the street date, because it seemed bad form to try and sell it durning the Holidays. Having the ONLY action figure cover for #40, celebrating the 40th anniversary, I had to announce before the ball dropped! So that is how all of this insanity came to this point were I can finally say, with the greatest honor…
– JTC EXCLUSIVE full-color LUKE SKYWALKER Action Figure Variant for Star Wars #40, exclusively at johntylerchristopher.com
He will be available for Pre-sale on January 25th.
Like before, we are offering graded books of 9.6 or better from both CGC & CBCS. You get to choose between two exceptional grading services.
The book will be limited to 3,000.
So with that out of the way, here’s the slim.
My own Tosche Station…
So as some of you might know, I grew up on a farm in Indiana. I LOVED Star Wars, and playing with the toys was pretty much all I did when I wasn’t drawing. My dad took me to see Return of the Jedi, and it’s the first movie I remember seeing in the theatre. All I ever wanted to do growing up was draw. I felt like I would never be able to pursue my dream, and I really identified with Luke and his dream. I really saw a lot of similarities between him and myself (minus the parental figures being burned by Storm Troopers, and blowing up space station). I know it sounds cheesy, but I really looked up to him and I’m forever grateful to this character and the inspiration he gave me.
So, How Does the Pre-sale Work for New and Existing Customers?
– Sale starts at 6PM EST on Thursday, January 25, 2018.
– You are welcome to order as many Luke books as you want (while supplies last).
– Books have arrived, so we will be able to start sending out once the pre-sale closes.
– Graded books will be shipped separately. Please see our FAQ page regarding graded book procedures.
– Orders will begin to ship on Friday, February 2, 2018. We are still a small team and require more time than the average store to ship out hundreds of orders, so we thank you for your patience and understanding.
– Once your order is shipped, you will receive an email with tracking information.
– If you have not received tracking by February 9, 2018, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– As before, we tweaked our policy for international orders containing BOTH graded and raw book. Please see our **UPDATES to International Shipping!!! on the FAQ page. This will not effect orders containing only raw books or only graded books.
– Any other questions can most likely be answered on our FAQ page. If not, send us a quick email and we’ll do our best to answer your questions.
Returning customers are still guaranteed a copy in the first 24 hrs!
Since scheduling will permit it, we are able to offer returning customers a guaranteed copy of the book, whether we are sold out or not, if you place your order in the first 24 hours. As always, we want to take care of you guys!
If you are new to my store, your purchase this time around during the Pre-sale will make you eligible for all future guarantees.
Here are the important details!
Presale: 6PM EST, Thursday, January 25th, 2017
Star Wars #40
JTC EXCLUSIVE | Luke Skywalker Action Figure full-color variant edition
Star Wars #40, CGC Signature Series (9.6 or better)
JTC EXCLUSIVE | Luke Action Figure full-color variant edition, signature series graded version (CGC grade 9.6 or higher guaranteed)
Star Wars #40, CBCS Signature Series (9.6 or better)
JTC EXCLUSIVE | Luke Skywalker Action Figure full-color variant edition, signature series graded version (CBCS grade 9.6 or higher guaranteed)
Make sure to mark your diaries for January 25th – happy hunting!