To celebrate the launch of new film Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, LEGO are taking the brick-built Nifflers to some of the UK capital’s most famous sites.
To mark the release of Warner Bros. Pictures’ new big-adventure Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, The LEGO Group has brought several mischievous LEGO® brick Nifflers – the furry treasure-hunters with a penchant for anything shiny from the Wizarding World™ created by J.K. Rowling – to real world locations in the U.K.
The LEGO brick Nifflers have caught causing mischief in U.K. locations to celebrate the release of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. The Nifflers have been spotted near some of London’s best-known hot spots for treasure, including the infamous diamond district Hatton Garden; and the keeper of the Crown Jewels, The Tower of London; before finishing their tour at their LEGO home, Leicester Square Retail Store.
Two more Nifflers also sought out shiny things in Edinburgh and Cardiff on the day of the Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald regional premieres on 13 November.
Each Niffler has been created using more than 11,000 LEGO bricks, and weighing approximately 30kg each, measuring over 75cm tall and requiring 60 man hours to build.
“We wanted to inject some LEGO magic into the hearts of Wizarding World fans across the country, and what better way to celebrate the creativity and fun of LEGO bricks than to create mischievous Nifflers in brick form,” said Rory Unwin, Brand Manager for LEGO Wizarding World. “The reaction from the public has been fantastic, up and down the country – and we hope Wizarding World fans enjoy seeing them as much as we did building them!”
• Nifflers are long-snouted, burrowing creatures native to Britain with a penchant for anything shiny
• Their special abilities are finding treasure and they have a pouch in their bellies where they hide their loot such as jewelry, coins or other sparkly objects
• The naughty LEGO brick Nifflers have been created by LEGO to celebrate the release of the newFantastic Beasts film
• The special LEGO Nifflers were created using more than 11,000 LEGO bricks each, and weighing approximately 30kg, measuring over 75cm tall and requiring 60 man hours to build
• Read more about Nifflers here