LEGO Set: #75533
Instructions: 1 booklet (48 Pages)
Release Date: 1st January 2018
• Bring in the bounty with this buildable and highly posable LEGO Star Wars Boba Fett figure. The battle-scarred armour decoration with textile cape and helmet with lowering antenna/aiming device add a real feel of authenticity to this popular character from the Star Wars universe. Boba Fett is also armed with a blaster rifle with spring-loaded shooter and jet pack with integrated flick missile—the perfect accessories for tracking down bounties!
• Buildable and highly posable Boba Fett figure features a cool colour scheme with battle-scarred armour decoration, blaster rifle with spring-loaded shooter, jet pack with flick missile and a movable helmet antenna/aiming device.
• Features new-for-January-2018 Star Wars: Return of the Jedi helmet, textile cape and colour scheme.
• Extra ammo included.
• Play out exciting shootouts with the powerful spring-loaded shooter and flick missile.
• Move the limbs into any battle pose.
• Sturdy and durable design for intense action play.
• Play out epic adventures from the Star Wars: Return of the Jedi saga.
• This buildable figure is suitable for ages 7-14.
• Stands over 9” (25cm) tall with antenna extended.
I’ve waited a long time for this and soon as I saw Boba on the shelf he was soon placed in the cargo hold.
The packaging is pretty standard for the range, but I must say I did like the artwork. It shows Boba in a dynamic pose firing his rifle towards the maw of the Sarlaac with tentacles stretching out toward him.
In total 5 bags are in the box, 1 for the helmet, 1 for the cape and 3 others with the building blocks.
The build itself is not overly complex and took me around 30 minutes to complete. The skeletal structure is standard, but the armour pieces are bespoke due to the print on them. The shin plates are highly detailed with tool pouches and Boba’s customary yellow knee pads. The pockets on his waist were well thought out and also very effective.
The detailing on the breast plate is also to a very high standard although the colour seems to be a little too light for me. While the shoulder pad with the Kyr’bes symbol looks so good! The graphics really do stand out.
Boba Fett is known for his weaponry and this build does not fall short. His back pack is rocket firing, although a little weak in its actual striking distance, the intricacy and the use of technical blocks brings it together rather neatly. The forearm mounted dart is well constructed and looks the part, but for me the ultimate was the construction of the rifle. Quite complex and fiddly to build, but the end result is brilliant. I love the way LEGO have captured the essence of EE-3 Carbine Rifle and in general it’s a good representation.
Last but not least, we come to the crowning glory, the Mandalorian helmet. Detailing is excellent, even down to the dent on the top. A nice addition is the pull down range finder, simple but effective.
After all that are there any bad parts? Unfortunately I have to say yes. The model when finished looks great, but I do find that it is a bit too leggy. I know there are limitations as to what LEGO can do with certain parts, but for me it does seem odd that extension joints are added at hip and ankle joints where they may not necessarily be needed. The only other thing is the shade of green used for the armour. It’s a little too light and needs to be bolder for me.
All that said, I found it to be a fun build and a great addition to my collection. It’s good value for money and fun to build.
LEGO Buildable Figure Boba Fett is officially available from 1st January 2018 from LEGO online, and most online & high street retailers priced at £25.99. Some retailers are selling this and other sets a few days earlier.