Last month we learned Electronic Arts had temporarily removed the Emperor as a playable character from Star Wars Battlefront II as they aimed to correct several gameplay advantages/bugs associated with that particular character. A new patch released this month by EA has corrected those gameplay issues (along with a few other performance issues) and the Emperor is now back as a playable character for gamers. The patch notes are copied below.
Emperor Palpatine and Ewok Hunt are back! The issues that required us to temporarily disable both have been fixed in this patch. In addition to that we’ve deployed balancing updates to lightsaber heroes in Galactic Assault that should make them viable again.
– Palpatine has been added back to the game
– Fixed an issue with Palpatine being very overpowered by restricting the angle from which the player could lock on with his lighting ability
– Fixed an issue with Palpatine being able to lock onto targets through walls
– Ewok Hunt has been added back to the game
– Fixed an issue in Ewok Hunt where Stormtroopers were unable to board the shuttle
– Rebalanced stamina for lightsaber heroes
– Fixed an issue in Hero Starfighters on PC where players experienced a short stuttering before being locked on
– Fixed an issue with Extraction where objective markers were misplaced on Kessel and Jabba’s Palace