Life Day is almost upon us! But before you grab your red ceremonial robes and enter the…umm…weird vortex thingee (seriously, what WAS that?), I have my wish list of the Eight things I want most this Life Day and for the year to follow:
1. Balance in the Force
2. For “Rebels” to have more of a Saga feel than a predominantly IV-VI focus. I mean, we had those great and heartbreaking moments with memories of Obi-Wan and Luminara, and the Inquisitor is clearly an Utapaun, but more please and with the same respect given to the rest.
3. Speaking of Rebels, in order for it to achieve the above it needs to stay on the air, so I really want Rebels to find its stable audience and give us more quality stories in the years to come.
4. To see a piece of general Star Wars merchandise featuring characters OTHER than: Boba Fett, Darth Vader, a Stormtrooper, and Yoda. Chewie and the Droids don’t count either.
5. A spinoff movie of Jar Jar and Wicket uncovering political intrigue while trying to help form the New Republic. Hijinks ensue. No, wait, scratch that – make it a series. I want at LEAST 13 episodes of this. Starring Ahmed Best and Warwick Davis. Seriously, make it happen.
6. A Pony.
7. For “The Force Awakens” (and the two episodes that follow it) to be a worthy entry into the Saga. To have it be respectful to George’s vision of ALL the previous films, while still finding its own niche and giving us something new to goggle over. And to not kowtow to a haterbase that makes it difficult to be a Star Wars fan.
8. For everyone, young and old and in-between, to forget all the bad blood, disappointment, fear, anger, hate, and suffering, and just get together to enjoy Star Wars. To love it, cherish it, and pass it on to the next generation without any baggage.
Happy Holidays, and May the Force be With You.
For more of Adam’s articles click here.