Point your browser towards The Hollywood Reporter for a must-read interview segment Brian Davids conducted with The Rise of Skywalker co-writer Chris Terrio in which they cover several of the main topics that went into crafting the story of Episode IX. Among the key elements discussed in the interview:
– how TROS jelled with some of the events seen in Rian Johnson’s The Last Jedi.
– the reduced screen time for Kelly Marie Tran’s character Rose Tico.
– the decision to link Rey to the Palpatine bloodline.
– the topic of Force-sensitivity and Force ghosts.
– the changes Jedi Master Luke Skywalker undergoes from Episode VIII to Episode IX.
The Oscar-winning scribe dives deep into ‘Rise of Skywalker’ spoilers, including the debates over that final shot, Kelly Marie Tran’s diminished screentime and arguments the film is a repudiation of Rian Johnson: “I think it would be a bad misreading to think that that was somehow me and J.J. having an argument with Rian.”