The Hollywood Reporter have put together their list of the most powerful 100 people in entertainment in 2019, based on size and reach of a person’s purview, the success of his or her work since 2018’s list and more. Here are some the influential people related to Lucasfilm on the list.
Methodology: During a months-long process, editors compiled the THR 100 based on the size and reach of a person’s purview, the success of his or her work since 2018’s list, the power to get a project made (company ownership helps) and the ineffables: heat, clout and intangible indicators of influence gleaned from conversations with dozens of top insiders (not to mention THR’s daily reporting).
1. Bob Iger – CEO, The Walt Disney Co.
5. Kevin Feige – President and Chief Creative Officer, Marvel Studios
19. J.J. Abrams – Chairman and Co-CEO, Bad Robot
40. Steven Spielberg – Director-Producer
49. Kathleen Kennedy – President, Lucasfilm
52. Jon Favreau – Director-Actor-Producer
64. Phil Lord and Chris Miller – Directors
71. Phoebe Waller-Bridge – Actor-Writer-Producer
83. Donald Glover – Actor-Writer-Director
86. David Benioff and D.B. Weiss – Writer-Producers
Unsurprisingly, Bob Iger is in first place with lots of recognized names later in the list including Kevin Feige, J.J. Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy and Jon Favreau.
Dave Filoni is noticeable by his absence from the list, and we have a feeling his role in The Mandalorian may change that for 2020. Is there anybody you think is missing from the list?