You will find a lot of Star Wars and Marvel content on Disney+ but there are still a few films from both franchises missing including Solo: A Star Wars Story and Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Here’s how you can find out when these films, and others, will be available.
How to find out when your favorites will be available
If nothing else, at least Disney Plus is up-front about the gaps in its catalog and will return searches for the missing titles with information about when they will become available. You can even add movies like the live-action version of The Jungle Book or Mary Poppins Returns to your watchlist, even though neither of those films will arrive on Disney Plus until 2021. Here’s how to look up a movie for yourself to see if it’s currently available or when it will arrive on Disney Plus:
1. Open the Disney Plus app on your phone, tablet, smart TV or set-top box, or go to the Disney Plus website on a desktop browser.
2. Select the Search option from the menu bar.
3. Enter the name of the movie you’re looking for and select it from the search results.
4. If the movie is available now, you’ll see a Play button. If it’s not available now but will be in the future, the listing will tell you when you can watch it on Disney Plus.
5. If you’re not ready to watch now, or the movie isn’t available yet, select the plus sign (+) to add it to your watchlist
Star Wars fans will have a nearly complete collection available at launch, with all three films from the original trilogy, all three prequels, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and, thanks to a, 2015’s Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens. You’ll have to wait, however, for these two installments:
• Star Wars: The Last Jedi arrives on December 26th, 2019, and until them it is available on Netflix
• Solo: A Star Wars Story arrives on July 9th, 2020, and until them it is available on Netflix