Here is a quick rundown of what took place during the Lucasfilm portion of today’s live-action presentation at D23 Expo:
– Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy was not in attendance at D23. She is currently in the UK working with Ron Howard on the still-untitled young Han Solo film. No updates on the official title/status of the film were provided.
– Episode VIII director Rian Johnson was joined on stage by Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Gwendoline Christie, Kelly Marie Tran, Laura Dern, and Benicio Del Toro.
– Various photos (both in-film and BTS during production) from The Last Jedi were shown to the audience.
– Moments later, Mark Hamill made his appearance on stage.
– A new behind-the-scenes video was shown.