The official Disney Parks Blog has posted an easy-read recap of information we know so far about Disney’s 2019 Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge theme park attractions. Previous stories on this topic posted here on Jedi News can be found in the Related Articles section located at the bottom of this story, so feel free to browse through those articles as needed after reading what the DPB has in their piece copied below.
1. It Opens Next Year! – Opening date is currently set at 2019. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the Disneyland Resort will debut first and the land at the Walt Disney World Resort will debut second.
2. It’s Set On The Planet Batuu – At Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, guests visit Batuu, a remote outpost on the galaxy’s edge was once a busy crossroads along the old sub-lightspeed trade routes, but its prominence was bypassed by the rise of hyperspace travel. Now home to those who prefer to stay out of the mainstream, it has become a thriving port for smugglers, rogue traders and adventurers traveling between the frontier and uncharted space. It’s also a convenient safe haven for those intent on avoiding the expanding reach of the First Order. (See rendering at the top).
3. You’ll Be Able To Fly The Millenium Falcon – One of the land’s two signature attractions will put you in the cockpit of the Millenium Falcon, piloting the ship, shooting blasters or preparing for hyperspace – all while completing a critical mission. But how you perform on the mission holds even bigger stakes: perform with skill and you may earn extra galactic credits, while bringing the ship back banged up could put you on the list of a bounty hunter. End up on Harkos’s list and you may face a problem if you show up at the local cantina.
4. A Second Attraction Planned for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Puts You On A Star Destroyer – This attraction, “built on a scale we’ve never done before,” will make guests feel like they’re inside a hangar bay in the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance. (The name of this attraction is still yet to be released).
5. A Cantina Will Serve Up Blue Milk – Only one F&B item has been announced for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge so far and that’s the blue milk Luke Skywalker made famous in “Star Wars IV: A New Hope.”
6. Expect To See Characters From A Galaxy Far, Far Away – Guests will also encounter many familiar faces inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, including BB-8, Chewbacca, members of the First Order and – among many others – Rex, the troublesome pilot you may remember from the previous version of a certain Disney attraction who takes on a new role in this land as the DJ at the cantina.
7. The Land Will Feature Marketplaces & New Toys – Imagineers looked to the exotic markets of Istanbul and Marrakech for inspiration for the land’s marketplace, where guests can explore a rich collection of shops and merchant stalls. One stall will be overseen by a Toydarian, a creatures fans first encountered on Tatooine in “Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.” Here, guests will be able to discover all kinds of fun toys straight out of the Star Wars galaxy.
8. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Merchandise Has Already Been Released – The first Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge merchandise, available at select locations at the Disneyland and the Walt Disney World Resort, was released in December. The line currently consists of an assortment of men’s and women’s T-shirts, hats and more that feature faces and places familiar to Star Wars fans, including the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge logo, the Millennium Falcon, BB-8, DJ Rex and more.
9. You Can View A Portion Of The Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Model Right Now – A portion of the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge model is currently on display at the end of the Walt Disney Presents exhibit at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.