Disney has submitted to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, alongside five other films, for consideration in several Oscar categories.
Here are the categories Disney are suggesting for The Rise of Skywalker: –
- Best Picture – Kathleen Kennedy, p.g.a., J.J. Abrams, p.g.a., Michelle Rejwan, p.g.a.
- Best Director – J.J. Abrams
- Best Adapted Screenplay – Chris Terrio & J.J. Abrams
- Best Actor – Adam Driver
- Best Actress – Daisy Ridley
- Best Supporting Actor – Mark Hamill, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Anthony Daniels, Domhnall Gleeson, Richard E. Grant, Joonas Suotamo, Billy Dee Williams
- Best Supporting Actress – Carrie Fisher, Naomi Ackie, Lupita Nyong’o, Keri Russell, Kelly Marie Tran
- Best Cinematography – Dan Mindel, ASC, BSC
- Best Film Editing – Maryann Brandon, ACE, Stefan Grube
- Best Production Design – Production Designers: Rick Carter and Kevin Jenkins, Set Decorator: Rosemary Brandenburg
- Best Costume Design – Michael Kaplan
- Best Makeup & Hairstyling – Lisa Tomblin-Fitzpatrick, Amanda Knight, Neal Scanlan
- Best Sound Mixing – Andy Nelson, Christopher Scarabosio, Stuart Wilson, AMPS, CAS
- Best Sound Editing – Matthew Wood, David Acord
- Best Visual Effects – Roger Guyett, Neal Scanlan, Patrick Tubach, Dominic Tuohy
- Best Original Score – John Williams
Other films submitted were Aladdin, Avengers: Endgame, Frozen 2, The Lion King and Toy Story 4.