Last week, DreamToys detailed the top 12 toys expected to be the most sought after this Christmas in the UK.
“This year’s DreamToys Top 12 is an exciting range of innovative toys that demonstrate the creativity of the toy industry and the magic of Christmas,” said Gary Grant, chair of the DreamToys committee.
Frederique Tutt, global industry analyst for the NPD Group’s toy division, added: “With £1.2 billion spent on toys for Christmas – the equivalent of one third of total annual toy spend – the toy industry is all-systems go as the 25th December draws closer. The list chosen by the 2017 DreamToys panel reflects the increased popularity of traditional play patterns with Games and Puzzles, Plush and Dolls as the fastest growing categories to date. The 2017 Dream Dozen offers great variety this year and with it, fun and play value for all age groups and wallets.”
Without further ado, here is the list which features one Star Wars item, in the form of the LEGO BB-8: –
- Enchantimals Playhouse Panda Set – Mattel
- Fingerlings – Jazwares/WowWee
- FurReal Roarin’ Tyler – Hasbro
- Hatchimals Surprise – Spin Master Toys
- Laser X – 2 Player Pack – Character Options
- LOL Surprise series 2 – MGA Entertainment
- Nerf Nitro Longshot Smash – Hasbro
- PAW Patrol Sea Patroller – Spin Master Toys
- PJ Maks Headquarters Play-set – Flair
- Star Wars BB-8 – LEGO
- The Original Stretch Armstrong – Character Options
- Toilet Trouble – Hasbro
We have to agree, the LEGO BB-8 is awesome – happy hunting!